Destination briefing
Why travelers stop here
Deokcheonseowon Confucian Academy was established in 1794 to commemorate the scholarship and virtue of Kim Gwan-seok, Kim Cheon-taek, Kim Ju, and Kim Jeup. It is located in Yundong Village, a clan village of the Uiseong Kim family. The academy served to enshrine the four Uiseong Kim figures and contributed to local education. However, it was demolished in 1868 under Heungseon Daewongun's decree abolishing private Confucian academies and was not restored initially. Reconstruction later began and was completed in 2019. The buildings within the grounds included a shrine (sau), a gate (sinmun), Jungjeongdang Hall, Yangjinheon Hall, Heomhyoryo, Jeonsacheong, and Gosa.
OTA-ready stop
Built into inbound routes and day-tour planning.
Local context
경상북도 성주군 수륜면 수륜리
Travel fit
Attraction · Gyeongsangbuk-do

