Destination briefing
Why travelers stop here
Baekseokseowon was originally a shrine built on Seungbangsan Mountain in 1652 (the 3rd year of King Hyojong's reign) to commemorate the scholarship and virtue of Yu Jip (柳楫). In 1696 (the 22nd year of King Sukjong's reign), Jo Sok (趙涑) was additionally enshrined, and later Yu Do (柳棹) was also enshrined. In 1868 (the 5th year of King Gojong's reign), it was abolished under the Daewongun's order to dismantle seowon (Confucian academies). In 1902, an altar (壇) was established at the current location, and it was restored in 1946, continuing to the present day. <br>Address: 187-22, Beomdeukgol-gil, Gimje-si, Jeonbuk State (Galgong-dong)
OTA-ready stop
Built into inbound routes and day-tour planning.
Local context
전북특별자치도 김제시 범득골길 187-22 (갈공동)
Travel fit
Attraction · Jeollabuk-do


