Destination briefing
Why travelers stop here
Dongmujae is a memorial shrine built by his disciples and Confucian scholars to commemorate Ha Si-chan, who devoted himself to nurturing future generations while living in seclusion in his hometown, refusing official positions. Ha Si-chan was born in 1750 (the 25th year of King Yeongjo's reign) in present-day Manchon-dong, Suseong-gu, Daegu, and studied under the renowned scholars Kim Gyeong-ho and Song Seong-dam. He built Dongmuamnu 50 meters west of the current Dongmujae site, where he educated younger scholars, and authored two volumes of *Pallyejeoryo*.
Originally located near the Gyeongbu Railway line by Gyeongbuk Gas Station in Hyomok-dong, Dong-gu, it was relocated to its current site in April 1968 due to the construction of Daegu's third bypass road. During the relocation, a separate wall was built to the southwest of Dongmujae, and a shrine called Gyeongdeoksa and a hall named Jangpangak, which houses the woodblocks of *Pallyejeoryo* and *Yeorammunjip*, were newly constructed.
OTA-ready stop
Built into inbound routes and day-tour planning.
Local context
대구광역시 수성구 화랑로42길 31 (만촌동)
Travel fit
Attraction · Daegu







