Destination briefing
Why travelers stop here
Located at the foot of Bonguisan Mountain, Soyangjeong Pavilion is a pavilion built during the Three Kingdoms period. Originally called 'Iyoru', its name was changed to 'Soyangjeong' by Magistrate Yun Wang-guk during the reign of King Sunjong of Joseon. Its original location was on the south bank of the Soyanggang River, lower than its current position. It was destroyed by a flood in the 38th year of King Seonjo of Joseon (1605) and rebuilt in the 2nd year of King Gwanghaegun (1610) by Magistrate Yun Hui-dang. It underwent several renovations, including a reconstruction by Magistrate Eom Hwang in the 25th year of King Injo (1647). The current building was restored in 1966 after being destroyed during the Korean War. The structure measures 4 kan in the front and 2 kan on the sides. Its roof is a paljakjibung (hip-and-gable roof) shaped like the Chinese character '八' (eight) when viewed from the side. Soyangjeong Pavilion is situated in a scenic setting where rivers and mountains harmonize. As a historic pavilion structure, it embodies the local history and culture.
Address: 24, Soyangjeong-gil 42beon-gil, Chuncheon-si, Gangwon-do, South Korea
OTA-ready stop
Built into inbound routes and day-tour planning.
Local context
강원특별자치도 춘천시 소양정길42번길 24 (소양로1가)
Travel fit
Attraction · Gangwon-do






